It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: GCX5 - Lava Giant?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:24 am 
Bunny Pajamas

Hi and the server still rocks!
Can we please have "GCX5 - LavaGiant" back on the map vote list on New Fixed server.

Also I can't find the StarTrek space ship map anymore (Big Enterpise Ship with a Red/Blue Borg Cube either side),
Doesn't help that I don't know the map proper name, but I thought it was a GCX5 map (could be wrong)

Post subject: Re: GCX5 - Lava Giant?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:14 pm 
Admin Wizard

I could find that and set that up sometime. I'm glad you're enjoying the servers!! I think that map might be called assimilation?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:22 am 
Bunny Pajamas

Hey hey,
Thank you for adding back GDX5-TrekWoot and GDX5-AtlantisSE map as well.
But neither map loads when selected at map vote.
eg: Select either map and then some random map is loaded instead.

Also when you added those maps back I noticed GDX5 OurHouseB4 seems to have disappeared from the map list.
I use to play it with Slayalot if we were ever both on the server at the same time.
I know this map can get very laggy, I'm pretty use to lag...lol
/me thinking back to the early days of playing on your server on 56K dialup with a 300~700 ping....lol

If you need a map to remove then the GDX6 RedeemerMadness is almost unplayable due to you can barely verify login.
eg: The msg bar top of the screen stays grey and then kicks you for most of the game.

Also those ToySoldiers maps are non playable as you can not login for more then a couple of seconds (never verifies, grey bar) and get kicked.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:07 am 
Admin Wizard

Thanks for letting me know about those 2 maps! Those are bad unfortunately and need to be removed. UT99 can't handle those maps I guess! You have played on Gateways with a 56K modem?! :O Wow I am impressed! I didn't know that was possible!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:11 am 
Bunny Pajamas

Yep them dial up days were back when your servers were on different hosts (guesstamet, about 3 or more server hosts ago).
Back then I only played on the OLD server, I don't think there was a New server back then (well I didn't know about it if there was).
I went by the nick Target4U and used my sync delay/lag to try keep up in the game at times when ACE didn't kick me....lol
Those poor other players having their game turn to mush at times as the server would try favor me and keep me sync'd.

I go by nick Flatline now.
Basically I change my nick each time a hardrive dies where my UT game folder resided.
This last harddrive death the server for some reason still reconised me as my NotMe profile even though I lost my NotMe user.ini and logged in with a new name of Flatline.
Funny I still have my original Target4U user.ini, but the server doesn't seem reconise me with it...lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]