It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Hosts.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:48 am 
Baby Babble

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
GameServers.com wrote:
I apologize for the inconvenience. The location is having some trouble that is effecting a large number of servers. We are working on it and will update this ticket once everything is running properly.

Thank you,
Sergei Soerum
GameServers.com

Solutions to many common issues can be found here: https://my.gameservers.com/support/faq.php

Ah I see. :? I was worried I was at fault somehow cause I was playing a Gauntlet map alone and kept disconnecting and reconnecting due to a bad wireless connection. I went to reset my router and came back and the server was down :cry: .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 am 
Admin Wizard

MooCow wrote:
nOs*Wildcard wrote:
GameServers.com wrote:
I apologize for the inconvenience. The location is having some trouble that is effecting a large number of servers. We are working on it and will update this ticket once everything is running properly.

Thank you,
Sergei Soerum
GameServers.com

Solutions to many common issues can be found here: https://my.gameservers.com/support/faq.php

Ah I see. :? I was worried I was at fault somehow cause I was playing a Gauntlet map alone and kept disconnecting and reconnecting due to a bad wireless connection. I went to reset my router and came back and the server was down :cry: .

Yeah, They should fix this soon I hope.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:24 am 
Gauntlet Captain

Server instability is becoming a really stale issue for me. A decent amount of the time that I come to check the forums I find the server is down. I am grateful that I haven't seen any fresh complaints regarding this... Despite my attempts to reboot the server I always find it never reboots as fast as it claims it should. What's worse is there isn't any consistency in the crashes, and whenever I come on, more often than not no one's around to relay any information to me as to why it may have happened. I'm wondering if their service is ever going to improve, or if this is as good as it's ever going to get.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

Post subject: Hope is fixed now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:21 am 
Admin Wizard

gameservers.com wrote:
Hi,

I apologize for the difficulty you were having. This location was experiencing some network difficulty earlier. This issue has since been mitigated, however. All indications are the service(s) hosted in this location are operating normally. I will move forward and close this ticket but if you continue to have difficulty you are invited to reply here regardless of the ticket status.

Don Tellefsen
http://www.gameservers.com
irc.gamesurge.net #gameservers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 am 
Gauntlet Captain

One answer to one instance does not forgive daily failures. For what is being paid for this service I should expect a stable and functioning server. Granted, I have not been one of the contributors thus far, but I can't help but feel that their apologies should extend beyond an occasional "Sorry" to our consistent problems and grief.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:38 am 
Admin Wizard

Some of the replies almost seem scripted however you can never rule out my own creations.
They sure as hell are not perfect. However when I see it fail I see it in the logs and I can make an attempt to diagnose it. Sometimes I see the serer randomly reboot ad I look in he log andsee something that appears to be from their server that sais "segmentation fault" or some other cryptic BS that does not come from a UT Server

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:24 am 
Leopard

our server service says:

Dear Customer, Ticket TIT-282PJ has been updated by Don Tellefsen [staff]. Hi, I apologize for the difficulty you were having. This location was experiencing some network difficulty earlier. This issue has since been mitigated, however. All indications are the service(s) hosted in this location are operating normally. I will move forward and close this ticket but if you continue to have difficulty you are invited to reply here regardless of the ticket status. Don Tellefsen ~ The GameServers.com Team ~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:50 am 
Cougar

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
Some of the replies almost seem scripted however you can never rule out my own creations.
They sure as hell are not perfect. However when I see it fail I see it in the logs and I can make an attempt to diagnose it. Sometimes I see the serer randomly reboot ad I look in he log andsee something that appears to be from their server that sais "segmentation fault" or some other cryptic BS that does not come from a UT Server

Stack overflow... Buffer overrun...

??????

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2