It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Gauntlet scoring....
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:23 pm 
Booster Seat

Hi All,

Not really a problem or error.....

Just been playing on the new gauntlet server, the one with Nali weapons 3 + Gauntlet on.

Just a little confused about the scoring on the server, I was playing with another player on GD5-Crane, when the level finished we'd both got about the same amount of deaths but his score was about twice what mine was :)

Typically on one of the GD5- levels (playing on my own) I'll come out with a score of around 20K, but am seeing other players getting 40K a lot of the time.

So some of the weapons / weapon combos give you a higher score than others? I know the stronger gateways (and presumably monsters they spawn) score higher, which might account for some difference in score if one player killed all the tough ones and the other all the weak ones, but then playing through a GD5- level on my own I'd have to kill all the strong and weak ones so it should even out?

Cheers.

Phill.

Post subject: Re: Gauntlet scoring....
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:29 am 
Admin Wizard

I believe it has to do with chaining kills together with insane combos. If you keep constantly burning monsters with a really powerful flamer then your score should soar as long as you are constantly killing monsters without a gap in time.

Post subject: Re: Gauntlet scoring....
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 pm 
Booster Seat

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
I believe it has to do with chaining kills together with insane combos. If you keep constantly burning monsters with a really powerful flamer then your score should soar as long as you are constantly killing monsters without a gap in time.

Ahh that makes sense, as people seem to get big scores on the levels with nukes on, which would kill lots of things at once, and so boost the score.

Cheers.

Phill.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]