It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Maps Download 2x - not double the pleasure
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:06 am 
Gauntlet Captain

Hold on, this sounds... familiar... Didn't they give you this same excuse the last time you had problems? (By "Last Time" I mean complained. The problems seem to be fairly consistent)

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

Post subject: Re: Maps Download 2x - not double the pleasure
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:23 am 
Admin Wizard

Necrosis MHS wrote:
Hold on, this sounds... familiar... Didn't they give you this same excuse the last time you had problems? (By "Last Time" I mean complained. The problems seem to be fairly consistent)

These idiots just keep beating around the bush and denying that any serious problems with the server is on their end. I have had plenty of gameservers.com sponsored server "crashes" some recently when I played that just happen out of nowhere. It's not all Unreal's fault for the server crashes it seems many just happen anytime
wants them to.

I can imagine a thought on everyone s mind is "If you hate gameservers.com so much why are you using their service?
BECAUSE THEY ARE AFFORDABLE THAT'S IT.

It would be asking a lot from the community to donate a massive amount of money for a real server, a dedicated machine where there are no limits and we can do anything with it that we want and we could host are own damn redirect and more.

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
Can I just manage the redirect with an FTP client like you let me manage my servers with an FTP client? This automatic redirect sucks and I have no patience to wait for whatever scripts are working in the background to twiddle their thumbs while everyone including me is still getting slow downloads mixed with fast ones. I have no patience for this when I can just upload the same redirect we have been using for years which is already compressed and ready to go. Please, I know what I'm doing all the servers are setup to use the redirect properly I wouldn't be getting any fast downloads at all if that were the case but instead we are getting slow ones mixed with fast downloads. Also can't we just consolidate all 3 redirects into one place instead of having one per server which is kinda dumb? I had all 3 servers pulling from the same redirect earlier. I just wan't FTP access to a single redirect I can chain all 3 server to so I can upload all my servers already compressed content and be done and forget about it. If all else fails I can seek more competent service elsewhere.

Thanks

gameservers.com wrote:
Hello,

We have been experiencing some issues with the Chicago location which may be the cause for the issues you are having with the redirect. Would you like to try switching to the NJ/NY location before we try anything else? as this is a known issue

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
I suppose, as long as the old redirect remains active to do what it can for our players. Can I be notified when all the files are ready at the new location?

gameservers.com wrote:
The Chicago redirect would be disabled, you would just edit the configs in the game servers and the files should transfer to the redirects automatically the first time they are requested

gameservers.com wrote:
Why can't we just have both active temporarily instead of having this FORCED DOWNTIME?
And I know well it will TAKE FOREVER for the stupid auto redirect to process everything.

Looks like I the customer have NO CHOICE. facepalm.... I don't care anymore just do it.
I will deal with well all of us from Gauntlet Warriors will deal with the forced downtime.
Ultimately I'm pretty sure this will do nothing for the problem but there is no way to know for sure unless we do as you have suggested.

I am consenting to the transfer of the redirect from the Chicago location to the NJ/NY location.

gameservers.com wrote:
The new redirect has been set up, you will have to change the configs on the game servers to match the new redirect

As usual the mindless drones at gameservers.com offer no explanation or reasoning

So thanks to
we can all enjoy a nice week of glacial slow speed downloads.

JUST GIVE ME FTP ACCESS YOU INCOMPETENT IMBECILIC MEDIOCRE EXCUSE FOR A GAME SERVER HOSTING COMPANY!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3