It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Server dropping people way more mthen usual.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:45 pm 
Bunny Pajamas

Hi,
Any chance of fixing the "New" server so it doesn't just randomly and repeatedly drop players?
It has started happening way to often over the past month and half, not just the one off server overload or crash.

In other words the server is not even be under load and only one person on it, nothing going on and the server doesn't even reconise it's dropping you.
The users game is not notified of disconnect and is left in a limbo state until they either exit game or relog on to the server.
In most cases losing their total score or a good chunk of it.

This use to happen on occassion in the past, but currently it's nearly every game map that is played and can be any random user that is dropped without notice.
This is happening irrespective of netspeed or a users connection, it happening to all users that often it's making it hard to complete a game without shear frustration and quitting.

Post subject: Re: Server dropping people way more mthen usual.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:35 pm 
Bunny Pajamas

Your servers are really running bad with the constant dropping of players.
To the point of why bother playing at all.

Both old and new servers are just constantly dropping players.
Nearly impossible to play a full map without it happening.

It's frustrating watching all the other players getting dropped while I'm still running around not being dropped or vice versa.
There seems to be no logic or warning to when it happens.

I mean it always has happened at some point eg: Player login and the server is under load, server in general under load, server crash, old game patch and to much solar flare etc.
Nowdays it's just happens for no reason at all nearly every game on both servers.

Edit:
Not sure if it has any relation to what's going on, but I notice the server browser reporting some very whacked out player pings on both servers.
(eg: negative player pings)

Yet any other servers I look at player pings are showing normally.

Post subject: Re: Server dropping people way more mthen usual.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:21 am 
Admin Wizard

I may just rebuild the entire server from scratch. I don't have time now and it will be a MAJOR operation but I don't know what else to do at this point. It happened ever since I patched the server with the latest patch. The alternative is rolling back to the previous version and having frequent server crashes the end the game for all players. The alternative is worse but nobody listens to me, what would I know?

I will look into this in the future as I do not have the time to do that. The servers is an expense to me and being short on time and having lots of debts this is not a priority for me right now.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]