It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 11:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]

Will you miss Windows Live Messenger?
Yes! It's been my instant messenger of choice for a long time! Please Save it! 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Yes! Save it please! 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Kind of, I use it here and then. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Not really, I don't care for it too much. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nope, I have not used it. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Save Windows Live Messenger!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 am 
Admin Wizard

If you use windows live messenger bad news, Microsoft is killing it and replaceing it with Skype :x
I love using windows live messenger for all my messaging needs and wish I could keep using it in peace however Microsoft will not allow that! sometimes in April they will shut down the messenger service and Windows Live Messenger will no longer work and everyone on it will be taken offline, forever...

However there is a slim 99.99999999999997% microsoft might listen if we make enough noise!! Sign this petition today if you would like to see Windows Live Messenger be spared!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keep ... ch-it-for/

I have already signed it!

Below is my TLDR of a signature!

Quote:
I do not like Skype I've downloaded it and tried it I knew it would be missing tons of features windows live messenger has! Skype is all call oriented and chat interface is very minimalistic and has very little features for it. I want an instant messenger not skype! Even with video calls on skype it fails for me there. I HATE how skype trys to regulate the quality of the call for me and will not give me the power to let me regulate it on my own! As soon as I do anything else that uses even the slightest amount of bandwidth it takes drops the call "quality" thru the floor and you can hear all the audio get more and more mutty and the video looking so crappy that there is almost no point in even using it. It's starts to look like a low resolution JPEG with the lowest quality compression on it rendering the video useless. At least with Windows Live Messenger the video calls eiither worked or they didn't and when it did work the video quality was about as good as your hardware would throw out and it didn't mess with the video and audio quality at when ever it felt like you were using too much network resources. I've taxed my network resources with tons of programs running at once Teamviewer, Teamspeak even some games and windows live messenger wouldn't try to mess with the quality and there was no consequence on the video and voice conversation that was a result from what else I do. Video and Audio calls are cool and all but I want an instant messenger that's oriented around INSTANT MESSAGING not calliing. I really dislike Skypes minimalistic interface deprived of tons of features windows live messenger has always had. I really hate that once again Microsoft will not give us the option of using skype at our own free will but instead will be FORCEING us to give up what we were using to go to skype, In signing this petition I know there is a 99.99999999999997% chance that microsoft will give a damn. I still want to say my opinoun anyhow. I will ride the sinking ship of windows live messenger that microsoft sunk all the way down to the deadline when they terminate service, From there I don't know what I'll do from there.

Do it for the sarcastic smily that was born in the early windows live messenger! :sar:
Sign Today! or.....don't! Either way :sar: either way this guy here -----> :sar: doesn't care.

Post subject: Re: Save Windows Live Messenger!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:31 am 
Hawk

Bastards ! :o Go away for a week or two and the whole system changes! WTF Microsoft, if it an't broken don't fix it.
By the way new server looks good ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]