It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Monster Radar for monster madness
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:21 pm 
Booster Seat

We need some sort of monster detector for monster madness, like the radar will tell you what monster is closest and how far it is, it'll be useful to know what monsters are heading towards the base area and what monsters are in the next room so you can avoid the angels for example.

Post subject: Re: Monster Radar for monster madness
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:01 pm 
Krall

Hehehe those would be kinda cheating :P but I also thought about something similar... like it will have some kind of highlight glow or a compass to the last monster in the game because they can be hard to find until I go to spec to f5 it, trying to skip all the builds (zzz if many), and find the monsters, say it in game and go back in...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:14 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

Yeah, the thing is, the whole radar screen would be one big blob, because there are so many monsters, plus the load on the server to do those calculations. The last monster thing is a good idea though. Wildcard can locate them, since he is GOD, and even tell them to come to him, but I do hate not being able to find that last damn monster. Also, sometimes the monster is actually outside the map, and can't be accessed, like a gasbag that flies too far out, or a spider that falls through a glitch in the map.

Actually, what's on MY Wish List is a timer telling you how much time you have before the gems vanish at the beginning on siege. (Ya reading this Wild? :P )

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:47 pm 
Admin Wizard

Yes I am, always reading :D time can be ahort for me at time but I like it when ideas are suggested. Good ideas some refinement coudl make them work though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:46 am 
Gauntlet Captain

You mean something like this?
It tracks players/bots too but those on your team get non-descript red dots. In team games, players/bots on the other team are a different color.

Don't have a download handy, got it from medor (for those who know who that is) but it's pretty decent.

Yellow dots are monsters close to you, but monsters really high up read as white dots too.

The range on it's fairly close to you, can't extend it, but I've found it handy on large maps with hard to find monsters.

As to blobs (pardon the smaller image):
Back in the good old days of MonsterMadness, that red circle on the left was a radar to detect monsters... from MM only. Although, you could extend the range of the thing... so there's that.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]