It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Why can I NEVER finish a map?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

Both servers, I can start a game, play about 30 min. then it starts reconnecting, and then server reboots to Maximus. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now. Also seems t's more likely to happen when I'm playing alone. I think I've only finished 3 maps in the last 2 weeks because of this. It's very annoying.

PLEASE HELP!

Post subject: Re: Why can I NEVER finish a map?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:58 am 
Admin Wizard

cadaverjuice wrote:
Both servers, I can start a game, play about 30 min. then it starts reconnecting, and then server reboots to Maximus. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now. Also seems t's more likely to happen when I'm playing alone. I think I've only finished 3 maps in the last 2 weeks because of this. It's very annoying.

PLEASE HELP!

Okay that's the part I really do not understand! How come these problems only seem to happen to you? I'm not complaining cadaver I just can't think of how to approach a problem that won't present itself to me. I can understand that Maximus could be quite unstable at times however I just need more details more information to give you answers or ideas. Help me, Help you. lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:27 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

I don't know what to tell you...I'm playing a map...it loses connection...then when I reconnect, I end up on Maximus ( the default map?). Would a slow connection cause the server to reboot? Too many iterations? (when playing with Dire, he is always trying to keep this number down)...I don't know.. I play mostly seige..is this a problem? And its not a constant thing..so..just wondering. Sorry I couldn't help more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:37 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

After playing on server 2 again, alone on Chasm, it seems that the number of buildings MAY have something to do with the server reset. The lag increases until the after approx. 20 buildings, and then reconnect and reset to default map. Is this a processor issue or a memory issue on the server? The strange thing is, the more players that play, the less the buildings affect lag (or so it seems), when playing alone, the lag builds quicker, and reconnect is more likely. I try to keep the building number down by replacing conts with SC's, but still need to build things, so....blahhh. If you get a chance, ask Dire about this, he's been there, done that, and a couple other players have mentioned server reset issues. Kinda sucks to get 3/4 of the way through a game and BAM! RESET! FFFUUUUUUUUUU!
The problem isn't as prevelant on server 1.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:13 am 
Admin Wizard

OLD NEWS!! However good news :)
This has been fixed I figured it out it was the debugging features of the new hypnotist that led to lag and server instability it has been fixed as a result the server works like it use to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:04 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

YAY!!!

Thanks so much WC!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]