It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Integrating Nali Weapons 3 into the server, and other ideas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 am 
Diaper Change

I put this here since i couldnt find a general catch-all idea's board, just the ones for each gametype.

The idea is simple: Add Nali Weapons 3 to the server. Superweapons like the Nukes, Ultimaprotos, and Cybot launcher will be quite expensive/rare and will be scaled back in power (NW3 allows this; everything that can be tweaked has a setting, and there are hundreds of settings just for the guns alone). Modifiers can be purchased (250 RU per modifier, 2500 for a The One modifier (allows 3 modifiers on a gun; can be incredibly overpowered)), models are adjusted to fit in with the weapons pack, things like that.
Adding them to gauntlet would be interesting as well.

And before you say it would be impossible to re-code them into the mods, Feralidragon made the pack open source so all that really needs to be done is just copy things over, make sure everything doesnt implode, and turn it loose.

As for superweapon prices:
Quote:
LV0 nuke: 500 RU (basically a slightly overpowered redeemer)
Lv1 nuke: 1000 RU (more powerful with a little bit of eyecandy)
Lv2 nuke: 1500 RU (2x more powerful than a LV1 with more eyecandy)
Lv3 nuke: 3000 RU (4x more powerful than lv1, id personally place it as slightly less powerful than a Siege Nuke)
Lv4 nuke: 6000 RU (8x more powerful, full mushroom cloud, a direct hit on a basecore would take it down to half, same as megaton)
Lv5 nuke: 12k RU (easily 16x more powerful, direct hit on the basecore is a 1-hit kill, if you are within line of sight you're dead, explosion basically rips the level up within the limits of the game (no real damage done, but its convincing); same as ultimaprotos)
Cybot Launcher: 2000RU, 750 per ammo pack (5) (launches little bots that perform various lethal functions; Sentinel (1) is like a accurate super-protector, Dual Sentinel has 2x the fire rate (2), Androids are good against small targets (3), Helicopters (5) and drones (8) can fly around and shoot things, Forcefield (8) is exactly what the name implies, kamikaze (8?)pops up into the air and then explodes, Vortex (12) grabs everything that can be picked up and sucks it in. Not good against large monsters like titans, but against swarms of small ones, its super effective)
Ionizer: 5000RU; 1000 per shot (Low orbit Ion Cannon, nuff said, just as powerful as the LV4, and much more spectacular)

Lastly, Monster Madness (aka Siege with monsters) needs to be changed. Instead of spawning all kinds of monsters at once like how it normally does, it instead spawns them in waves, with a boss monster that spawns at the end of each wave, which instead of dropping a huge RU gem apon dying, gives you RU each time you damage it (you leech it to death).
So at the start of a match after the crystals are gone it goes something like this:
"Crystals are gone yadda yadda yadda"
Wave begins
PUPAE.....EVERYWHERE
Super boss pupae that does 100x the damage of a normal pupae, goes really really fast, and has a redeemer shockwave everytime it attacks
Wave ends
2 minutes to make upgrades, build more things
Wave begins
FLIES, OMFG THERE ARE FLIES EVERYWHERE
Super boss fly with 100x the normal damage and a ranged attack
Wave ends
.... ad infinitum

Tentacle boss would be a instagib Tentacle, Titan boss would be an OMG (the super titan that hurls 1 hit kill shockballs and terrifyingly fast missiles), Skaarj boss would be a Skaarj Remover Lord (same thing as an OMG in terms of attacks).
Each time a boss goes down, the Blue Core takes damage (it cannot be damaged otherwise). Once the last boss dies, the shield protecting the much weakened Blue Core goes down, and the players can blast it into oblivion.

Anyways thats just my ideas as to what i think should be done to improve things. In the meantime, i shall download Gauntlet and turn a crapload of cybots loose on it.

Post subject: Re: Integrating Nali Weapons 3 into the server, and other id
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:05 am 
Gauntlet Captain

Interesting ideas, but what you fail to mention is what a pain in the ass it would be to edit all this. Possible? Absolutely. Convenient? Nope! As far as Supers being integrated into Siege goes, you DO realize that Nukes are forbidden, right? Assuming you don't know why, it's because it cheapens games. We work hard to add the monsters and don't care for Game Over class weapons that wipe things out. Being expensive doesn't really remedy it.

The Wave Bosses you speak of aren't just lying around in the code somewhere ready to add, and the "Everything at Once" thing you don't care for is kinda by design. To that end, WC isn't a fan of pulling standard MH Laziness. Wave Bosses would have to be more than just re-sized and re-textured. Also, Intro Rape is a tradition, and large teams would wipe out waves with relative ease. Your "Waves" idea is something that's occurred to WC to break up some of the monotony, make it a bit less predictable anyway.

He's more motivated than I am so your ideas on the whole may be considered, but I wouldn't hold my breath on speedy implementation. There's plenty of other priorities that would consume so much free time that there'd be no time for FUN or a LIFE for MONTHS.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:10 am 
Gauntlet Captain

I like the ideas and think that Wildcard should make a version w/NW3 and one without them, if isn't too much work.
About the Nuclear weapons... In a parallel dimention where Wildcard agrees in adding them. I think they should be WAY more expensive since they're so powerfull as to almost finish the whole game in one shot.

But, Chico is right... Making all those things would consume a bunch of time that Wildcard may not have. But who knows? They're good ideas! :)

Jeg har ingenting, men jeg har alt når jeg har deg.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 am 
Gauntlet Captain

If nothing else, I appreciated that the ideas weren't half-baked.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 am 
Diaper Change

Necrosis MHS wrote:
Interesting ideas, but what you fail to mention is what a pain in the ass it would be to edit all this. Possible? Absolutely. Convenient? Nope! As far as Supers being integrated into Siege goes, you DO realize that Nukes are forbidden, right? Assuming you don't know why, it's because it cheapens games. We work hard to add the monsters and don't care for Game Over class weapons that wipe things out. Being expensive doesn't really remedy it.

Except i did mention that the amount of damage that they can do can be adjusted, and there's no guarantee they can sucessfully damage the basecore in the firstplace. Hell, when i downloaded gauntlet and tore loose with it, i had to hit the weakest gate 4 times with the LV5 nuke before the damn thing would break. Scaling the superweapons damage output + making them expensive as hell would limit their usage.
As for actually adding them to siege, how hard can it seriously be to copy and paste a few things, if that? For all i know NW3 will work just fine with Siege without tweaking any code at all. Moreover, im pretty sure it would be possible to lock the more powerful ones until later waves.

LV0 would unlock once the Basecore was at Lv5, 1000 Ru capacity was available, and at least 2 superprotectors were built. After that, each tier of nuke would unlock after a certain wave.

Quote:
The Wave Bosses you speak of aren't just lying around in the code somewhere ready to add,

And the relevant data can be ripped out of maps (specifically, ATTAA0 (Super Titan and Super Skaarj) and Double Trouble (Super Pupae)
Quote:
and the "Everything at Once" thing you don't care for is kinda by design. To that end, WC isn't a fan of pulling standard MH Laziness. Wave Bosses would have to be more than just re-sized and re-textured.

Ok, i'll give you that. EDIT: I actually just thought of something that would mix things up a bit: Randomized modifiers on the bosses. So instead of the same boss spawning over and over again, each one is somewhat different. For instance, take the super-titan. Random modifier on its size, speed, damage, attack effect, and health. So you can have either a fairly bog standard titan that hits a little harder, or a midget (think pupae size) superfast hard hitting shockwave terror with a 10X multiplier on the HP amount with immunity to nukes and super pros thats nearly impossible to fucking hit let alone kill. Such a boss would be an utter nightmare to kill, but would be comparatively rare.
Quote:
Also, Intro Rape is a tradition, and large teams would wipe out waves with relative ease.

Not necessarily. I know little about coding but i do know that it would be a relatively trivial matter of getting the number of monsters to scale within a wave with the number of players.

A base pupae wave would consist of:
250-400 normal pupae
1 super boss pupae with 25,000 HP

To scale it: For every player (n) that joins, do
+250 normal pupae per player
+ 25,000 HP on the boss

So if i have 8 players on the server, thats approx 2000 pupae (a pain to deal with simply because of the sheer number of targets) and 200k HP (rev up them superprotectors because you're gonna need em, unless lol immune). Each wave can be adjusted according to the monsters within it. Also, having high HP on the boss is an excuse to whip out some nukes :mrgreen:
Quote:
Your "Waves" idea is something that's occurred to WC to break up some of the monotony, make it a bit less predictable anyway.

Good, glad to know i wasnt the only one thinking about that.

Quote:
He's more motivated than I am so your ideas on the whole may be considered, but I wouldn't hold my breath on speedy implementation. There's plenty of other priorities that would consume so much free time that there'd be no time for FUN or a LIFE for MONTHS.

I have a large degree of patience. Hell i waited for the 2 years needed for NW3 to come out in the first place. If i can wait that long for the weapons pack to actually be made, i can wait that long again for someone to do something cool with it.

nOs*Rurik wrote:
I like the ideas and think that Wildcard should make a version w/NW3 and one without them, if isn't too much work.
About the Nuclear weapons... In a parallel dimention where Wildcard agrees in adding them. I think they should be WAY more expensive since they're so powerfull as to almost finish the whole game in one shot.

But, Chico is right... Making all those things would consume a bunch of time that Wildcard may not have. But who knows? They're good ideas! :)

Read the above, but here's a summary of it: Nukes much weakened, core shielded until last boss dies, bosses have a shitload of HP in the first place. And in case if you are thinking that the players can still spam a whole bunch of them for the desired effect, its not possible. The larger nukes have persistent after-effects that'll take down any nuke flying through it's aftermath, and they can be set to do what current Siege nukes do when they get shot down: a puff of smoke and thats it, and the poor sod who launched it is out of several thousand RU.
Necrosis MHS wrote:
If nothing else, I appreciated that the ideas weren't half-baked.

I actually try to put some effort into thinking about what is to go into my posts before i make them unlike some other people i know on the internet.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]