It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: nOs* Invasion of (_@_) Alienclan Monsterhunt
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:17 am 
Gauntlet Captain

You're referring to an LRPC, one of the cheapest super weapons of all time. It was removed for its cheapness a long time ago. It's ammo is far too generous and its shots too potent

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:51 am 
Cougar

Necrosis MHS wrote:
You're referring to an LRPC, one of the cheapest super weapons of all time. It was removed for its cheapness a long time ago. It's ammo is far too generous and its shots too potent

Yep, I agree it's too powerful.

I turned on the original u4e mutators on my machine to get at the old 'super weapons'

The BFG blast (Alt Fire) isn't that potent... The Nuker blast comes close.

But both travel slower than the LRPC missiles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 am 
Gauntlet Captain

U4e was an excellent mod brim full of glorious weapons that you could customize for personal play. If only it wasn't so glitchy and subject to so many irritating game crashes. Aside from that, the enormous package that would have to painstakingly be picked apart, piece by tedious piece, and their kinda iffy effectiveness against modern monsters, they'd make for great fun for "Hell of it" Class Weapons. Apocalypse, UWAR, PSI, and Nali Weapons are also fun mods to mess around with, though their effectiveness can be just as inconsistent. Honorable Mentions include the Piston Mod, Seeker, Slayer, and GOTY weapons.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:44 pm 
Cougar

Necrosis MHS wrote:
U4e was an excellent mod brim full of glorious weapons that you could customize for personal play. If only it wasn't so glitchy and subject to so many irritating game crashes. Aside from that, the enormous package that would have to painstakingly be picked apart, piece by tedious piece, and their kinda iffy effectiveness against modern monsters, they'd make for great fun for "Hell of it" Class Weapons. Apocalypse, UWAR, PSI, and Nali Weapons are also fun mods to mess around with, though their effectiveness can be just as inconsistent. Honorable Mentions include the Piston Mod, Seeker, Slayer, and GOTY weapons.

It's possible pieces of U4e still live on...

The various Angels & the Max appear to be armed with Rail Gun, BFG, Nuker, Redeemer & Lighting Gun.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:28 pm 
Admin Wizard

True they do these enemies were made for a gametype called U4e Fortress and when you play as a character called a Monster Master you can summon different monsters with different levels of powers such as a Level 1 Lesser Angel to a Level 5 Solar Goddess just an example Necrosis I know its not 100% perfect.

ANYHOW the U4e Team Loved to borrow various parts and pieces from their whole project and recycle it which in trn saves a lot of work :)

Your all lucky I havn't put the fleshbomb Hanks in yet!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 pm 
Cougar

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
True they do these enemies were made for a gametype called U4e Fortress and when you play as a character called a Monster Master you can summon different monsters with different levels of powers such as a Level 1 Lesser Angel to a Level 5 Solar Goddess just an example Necrosis I know its not 100% perfect.

ANYHOW the U4e Team Loved to borrow various parts and pieces from their whole project and recycle it which in trn saves a lot of work :)

Your all lucky I havn't put the fleshbomb Hanks in yet!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very funny thought.

I forgot one Max weapon that messes me up a lot.

The Displacement!

Did the Grenade or the weapon get shoe-horned into them?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:30 am 
Gauntlet Captain

Yes, that's one of his moves. And you give my intelligence too little credit! I am well aware of the powers the monsters use! I personally and thoroughly explored the glory that was U4E Fortress and the various mods it included. Wildcard and myself fiddled with Gauntlet and weapon mods before the official server existed! What I had been getting at was having those powers under our control. A monster firing a BFG and using one are vastly different circumstances.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:49 am 
Cougar

Necrosis...

I LIKE the current play balance.

U4e was a bit overpowered.

Fun, but unbalanced...

My favorite class, the Reaper was incredible tough at hand-to-hand, had life drain, flew without fatigue, could turn invisible....

Give a group of Reapers rifles & they could defeat most other classes on the 'giant' maps.

Snipers invisible until they fired.

Small maps were tilted to the fire breathers.

Medium maps tipped to one class or another depending on layout.

The Siege or Gauntlet game type on the server shows a lot of thought in how the maps are put together.

The advantage of spawning 'players' more than make up the difference in giving 'monsters' multiple super weapons.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:32 am 
Gauntlet Captain

Unless you're on the wrong page, U4E weapons are not overpowered, not against these monsters or their gates. The weapons can be custom and randomized, and even with a good assortment of weapons available, they don't really make the grade here. Nor do any player mods make much impact either. None of their abilities pack a punch, and the Reaper's cloaking make no difference because it takes too long to charge/deactivates when you switch weapons, and monsters have always been able to see through Invisibility. Oh, and the Nuker Blast you mentioned a ways back? It doesn't even come close to an LRPCs strength. NOTHING in U4E does. It deals about 250,000 damage in a decent range in a quick burst. The Nuker? No contest. Nali Weapons Protos and SH are the closest in devastation.

And when I said powers under our control? That regards having the weapons. The monsters don't have the weapons, they're just programmed to launch specific projectiles. If this comes off as redundant to you then your misunderstanding must've been as unclear as mine was.

Again, my statements earlier were said as a preference to breaking up monotony, for the sake of FUN and just regular screwing around. I wasn't directly suggesting a mod change anyway. I already said how unfeasible this mod would be to use. Hopefully we have an understanding this time.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 am 
Gauntlet Janitor

I had a couple of rounds of play on their server today.
500+ ping, unplayable, but still manged to enjoy myself against the bots.
They have some sort of spawn save you thing happening.
Spawn and run without firing and when you should be dead, you get spawned elsewhere with your pickups intact. It actually spawned me like 4 and 5 times without a death while still holding my flack gun, (playing All your base map)... weird o_0

I do like the speed of the game, it sorta reminds me of playing Street Fighter Turbo...lol
Bumped into Kodo (player I've recently seen a bit of on the server here) while I was there.
Apart from him, I saw no other human.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next