Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

Post subject: Re: So much server fail
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:20 am 
Gauntlet Captain

The server was rebooted but has not responded, I take it that means the system is under maintenance. Which means... There's nothing I can do. Looks like you'll have to wait it out

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 am 
Gauntlet Janitor

I have a feeling half the server crashes as of late are more likely to the map gate spawn changes.
A lot of maps I never really had a problem with are now randomly crashing more often.
Some of the maps barely hung in there as it was, now it 's seems like any map I was familiar with has had the gates spawning in new parts of the map they never use to.
In turn I'm finding those maps are crashing more often.

Meh, maybe it's my hardware can't keep up with the outdated UT engine with it's mods or my woeful internet connection that has trouble holding a 300+ ping...lol
Never really been a fan of internet based multiplayer games (until I found the server here).
It's time for a rest when I find myself cussing loudly and spitting profanities 80% of the time and barely saying "Yee Haa, Awwwwesome"
Oh well back to SP Skyrim, lan based Co-Op Borderlands and Yuiri's Revenge for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 am 
Admin Wizard

Well, 'whatever' the problem with the server was earlier it's not present when I played tonight. Also GX4 and GX5 come with a disclaimer saying IT WILL LIKELY LAG. in this case You should not vote for it if it does not perform well for you. If complaints continue to rise up from "blah blah server fail" "blah blah laggin crap" Then. Then what will happen is GX4 and GX5 will be discontinued if it's being a big problem. We don't have access to limitless resources like |uK| does and cannot afford server rentals that are $200+ USD each month. It's a reality I doubt is going to happen unless I win the damn lottery. This is the best you got for now. The most I can do is fiddle around with gauntlet and maby disable monster wandering in GX4 and GX5.

Also, let's hear about some internet speeds too.

This is what I got.

click the image and take a test yourself and post the results. I'm not asking you to get a faster ISP lol I just wanna see if the lag and internet speeds are directly connected.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 am 
Gauntlet Janitor

My ping to to the server is 290ms when I test using windows cmd prompt and ping command.
My internet connection using speedtest.net is 6.42Mbps down / 0.31Mbps up.

In reality while I'm playing on the server my ping is 300 ~ 380 anytime I check it while playing.
(sometimes 500+, I quit when it gets that bad)

Wouldn't matter if I changed ISP as the ping just isn't going to be that great to outside Australia.
Another factor that doesn't help on my end is I have a house m8 who has Yahoo msg with video cam running 24/7 to his misses over seas, when his misses is here she has the cam running doing some type of pay for slutty cam crap. On top of that my housemate is a download junkie..
So midway through a game he kicks a dl in and boom my game turns to mush.
So that's also what leads me to believe a good majority of my inconsistent game experience is not the server.

But when maps crash more regular on my end and server crashes more regular it sorta leaves me wondering what changed overall to make make things crash more regular on either end.

And BTW, my post is not a complaint about the server, more a guess response as to what maybe causing more regular crashes since I don't appear to be the only one having more crashes from either end.

Overall your server rocks, your continuing efforts to please all the people all the time leaves me with nothing but amazement, admiration and even if it doesn't show in my manner of posting, Respect for the excellent effort you put in Wildcard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31 am 
Admin Wizard

Target4U wrote:
My ping to to the server is 290ms when I test using windows cmd prompt and ping command.
My internet connection using speedtest.net is 6.42Mbps down / 0.31Mbps up.

In reality while I'm playing on the server my ping is 300 ~ 380 anytime I check it while playing.
(sometimes 500+, I quit when it gets that bad)

Wouldn't matter if I changed ISP as the ping just isn't going to be that great to outside Australia.
Another factor that doesn't help on my end is I have a house m8 who has Yahoo msg with video cam running 24/7 to his misses over seas, when his misses is here she has the cam running doing some type of pay for slutty cam crap. On top of that my housemate is a download junkie..
So midway through a game he kicks a dl in and boom my game turns to mush.
So that's also what leads me to believe a good majority of my inconsistent game experience is not the server.

But when maps crash more regular on my end and server crashes more regular it sorta leaves me wondering what changed overall to make make things crash more regular on either end.

And BTW, my post is not a complaint about the server, more a guess response as to what maybe causing more regular crashes since I don't appear to be the only one having more crashes from either end.

Overall your server rocks, your continuing efforts to please all the people all the time leaves me with nothing but amazement, admiration and even if it doesn't show in my manner of posting, Respect for the excellent effort you put in Wildcard.

Holy hell! That's a lot running against you there! :( Nah I wasn't really bugged my your post rather than that cow guys 'post topic' Well, I did create a new mod called GateWay Shuffle. What that does is fix a problem with gauntlet regarding gateway spawning. The problem with gauntlet is that it only spawns gateways on a few places in the map in the order these places are designated by the mapper. Large maps can have over 500 or even much higher amount of places for gateways to be designated scattered thru out the map the problem however is Gauntlet only uses the first 200 places for gateways meaning the gates on larger maps may end up concentrated all in a few rooms or one area depending on the order the creator of the map designated the different possible places for gates to spawn. GateWay shuffle is a new mod I created that solves this problem. what GateWay Shuffle does is use ALL of the maps possible areas for gateways for placing gateways! This results in a more interesting and search and destroy based gameplay having gates scattered more evenly thru out the map. It performs the Shuffle operation ONLY ONCE at the begining of the game once all the gateways are spawned. How it works is it creates a list of all the possible places it can put a gateway at in a map and then it shuffles the list like a deck of playing cards then it removes all the gates in the map placed by gauntlet then it goes down the list and recreates the gateways untill the number of gateways is what was voted for ;)

The next game after you left the server started bombarding me with lag I went into the control panel could not even access it. The lag would not go away I had tons of packet loss and about 30 minutes later it stopped lagging and I was back to 0% packet loss. The server has been running good since. I think the usual culprit would be once again our hosts, gameservers.com... I'm almost considering moving the server to a different location as gameservers.com offered but we'd lose our nice memerable IP not to mention we I would have to figure out how to get all the players to the new server and all at the risk of no change in performance.

I appreciate your support Target4U.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:39 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

I don't want to hear any of you complaining about your speed...dammit.

THIS is what I have to work with!

Image[/URL]

Slower than 87% of US ....FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:53 pm 
Admin Wizard

OMG I had that once for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:18 pm 
Gauntlet Janitor

cadaverjuice wrote:
I don't want to hear any of you complaining about your speed...dammit.

THIS is what I have to work with!

Image[/URL]

Slower than 87% of US ....FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
Lol, ping of 26ms,
Hell I don't even get that when I select the closest ping test server to me that is only 300KM away from my location..
Hell even if I ping my friend that lives 250 meters away from me my ping is 90ms.
I don't think the Upload/download speed needs to be that great for UT and most games, it's more about response times and your response time are damn awesome if you can get a 26ms ping outside of your house.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next