It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Stupid Hosts.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:11 pm 
Admin Wizard

Gameservers.com wrote:
IMPORTANT: Your server is currently offline!

We have detected an outage with your server and are currently working to resolve this issue. During this time, server stops, restarts, and reinstalls are disabled. Server crashes are generally solved within 30 mintues and extended mass outages will be reported via the members area alert system.

Remember Gameserver.com slogan: "Frag Not Lag"
Oh the Irony!

LMAO REALLY?!

they are going to have to do better than this.
If I had a highspeed internet connection I could host the server myself AND as an addition it owuld probaly LAG less since I could dedicate a whole machine to it! However problem is is I can get about 3 - 5 Mbps max and my internet randomly blacks out all the time. Shame that. :(

Post subject: Re: Stupid Hosts.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:41 am 
Cougar

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
Gameservers.com wrote:

We have detected an outage with your server and are currently working to resolve this issue. During this time, server stops, restarts, and reinstalls are disabled. Server crashes are generally solved within 30 mintues and extended mass outages will be reported via the members area alert system.

Oh the Irony!

LMAO REALLY?!

If I had a highspeed internet connection I could host the server myself AND as an addition it owuld probaly LAG less since I could dedicate a whole machine to it! However problem is is I can get about 3 - 5 Mbps max and my internet randomly blacks out all the time. Shame that. :(

My service is 30 Mbps down/ 2 Mbps up...

What is the upstream requirement for the server?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:26 am 
Admin Wizard

nOs*Varyag wrote:
nOs*Wildcard wrote:
Gameservers.com wrote:

Oh the Irony!

LMAO REALLY?!

I am not quite sure we have no idea what kind of resources are hosts are REALLY providing us. We have to share all our resoures like RAM and CPU and bandwidth with who knows how many other different servers

30 Mbps is pretty fast, long ago the server once ran out of Grandpa's house and then after a lot of rain the roof caved in and water washed the server out lol! With dedicated resources and windows host who knows how well ((( GateWays ))) can really run! I'm still very paranoid and think that everytime the server "Crashes" it's our hosts automaticaly shutting the server down because we used too much cpu or ram, however they denied that. Still thou when the server crashes and there is no log of a general protection fault and a crash message that sais what happend it leads me to think they just have something that runs in the background that automaticaly shuts the server down when it uses to much resources.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:37 am 
Cougar

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
nOs*Varyag wrote:
nOs*Wildcard wrote:
Gameservers.com wrote:

Oh the Irony!

LMAO REALLY?!

I am not quite sure we have no idea what kind of resources are hosts are REALLY providing us. We have to share all our resoures like RAM and CPU and bandwidth with who knows how many other different servers

30 Mbps is pretty fast, long ago the server once ran out of Grandpa's house and then after a lot of rain the roof caved in and water washed the server out lol! With dedicated resources and windows host who knows how well ((( GateWays ))) can really run! I'm still very paranoid and think that everytime the server "Crashes" it's our hosts automaticaly shutting the server down because we used too much cpu or ram, however they denied that. Still thou when the server crashes and there is no log of a general protection fault and a crash message that sais what happend it leads me to think they just have something that runs in the background that automaticaly shuts the server down when it uses to much resources.

So, has there ever been a "Evil Bedrooms" Siege LAN party to see how it runs on a dedicated machine?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:54 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

VM server huh? That explains a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:56 am 
Cougar

cadaverjuice wrote:
VM server huh? That explains a lot.

Overload slice of RAM, CPU or Bandwidth and watch it crash.

Dedicated servers look like about $150/month...

I typically get 3571.3 KB/s download & 529.1 KB/s upload.

At my services laggiest... (Charter) I get 2004.6 down & 511.1 up.

Now... My book business NEEDS 50KB/s in half second pulses every 5 seconds for 2 hours every night for inventory maintenance.

Other than a little gaming, web browsing, order processing & loading new inventory items one at a time...
(all very low impact uses)

My service basically sits idle.

So, what is the game server upload & download requirements per slot?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:30 pm 
Leopard

I did repair my roof, lol the other problem with hosting at home was every month or so the ip address would change, and a static ip is expensive too, the host companies buy huge blocks of ip's at wholesale rates

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 am 
Admin Wizard

GameServers.com wrote:
I apologize for the inconvenience. The location is having some trouble that is effecting a large number of servers. We are working on it and will update this ticket once everything is running properly.

Thank you,
Sergei Soerum
GameServers.com

Solutions to many common issues can be found here: https://my.gameservers.com/support/faq.php

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 am 
Admin Wizard

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
GameServers.com wrote:
I apologize for the inconvenience. The location is having some trouble that is effecting a large number of servers. We are working on it and will update this ticket once everything is running properly.

Thank you,
Sergei Soerum
GameServers.com

Solutions to many common issues can be found here: https://my.gameservers.com/support/faq.php

We have a winner!
Maby me and Varyag are going to have to try to experiment

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:44 am 
Cougar

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
nOs*Wildcard wrote:
GameServers.com wrote:

Thank you,
Sergei Soerum
GameServers.com

We have a winner!
Maby me and Varyag are going to have to try to experiment

How big is the server image?

Will it run on a Dell Vostro 410?
q6600 2.4ghz 4 core processor, 8gb ddr2 ram

I have room for 4 more harddrives in the case.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next