It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Has something changed on the server lately?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:58 am 
Gauntlet Janitor

Just over the past couple of days I'm having problems with the server.
roughly 3 days ago I was playing fine, then when I went to log in the next day when I spawned I was in zoom in mode, couldn't see anything but a wall as soon as I spawned.
From that point on any UT mode I tried to play ended in the same result, be it single or multi player.

So I deleted my user.ini as couldn't find what caused it, but it happened after playing on your server.
After deleting my user.ini my game worked properly and I no longer was stuck in a zoomed in mode.

Set my user settings back up and logged in and started playing fine or so I thought.
Even though my ping says 230 ~ 280 the game is choppy as hell, I lag anytime I fire a weapon or someone else in my sight, it's become unplayable.
Happens on any map doesn't seem to matter if there's nothing going on.
I also notice when looking at the Player info in between deaths where it says your title and rank it's now listed as Rank Erroth and Title Logging in (stays that way the whole time now).
Yet in my hud the games says I'm logged in.

Yet I log into Alienclan server and I have a ping of 330 ~ 450 and it's smooth and even when I lag it's still playable and getting not weirdness..

At first I was blaming my housemate, who's a torrent pirate, consuming outgoing bandwidth.
But it wasn't the case.
Checked my firewall, nothing blocked, nothing changed in the household router.
Router logs show no more then usual blocked packets.
All other net activity is working normally, just not on your server anymore for me over the past few of days since something interfered with my UT user.ini after being on your server.

Post subject: Re: Has something changed on the server lately?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:46 am 
Admin Wizard

I'm investigating now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:54 am 
Admin Wizard

Alright well when you deleted your .ini you thru away your key to your gauntlet stats! Please try to recover your old .ini file from your recycle bin and email it to wildcard@gauntletwarriors.com please I'll fix it from there then

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 pm 
Gauntlet Janitor

Thanks for taking the time.
I retrieved my ini, copied over the ACEManager hashes, seems to have resolved the stats/title issue.

I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect as I'm no longer lagging any more then I normally use to since pasting those ini sections (Haven't tried siege yet).
Well I'm not seeing the lag icon and temp screen freeze every time I fire a weapon or when I see someone else in screen.. w00t
All good ftm

Still curious as to what setting in my old user.ini was causing the zoomed in effect.

Edit:
2 more things I did sort while playing with my user.ini..
Weapon key mapping with the EXU weapons at last, so sweet, no more clumsy mouse wheel scrolling.
I should have done that ages ago.
And best weapon order, now I get my best weapon at all times, once again I really don't know why I didn't do it ages ago.
:D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]