It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Maps Download 2x - not double the pleasure
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:43 am 
Sippy Cup

May sound like a generic problem but this happens only when joining the most glorious Gateways server:

Attempt to join and the map downloads superfast, then re-downloads the map superslow.

Does not occur elsewhere on other servers, and I did clean my cache (both the files and and log file).

Going back and retrying repeats the same thing (fast download, then super slow download). Takes so long that even if I let the nails on chalkboard speed download continue, the map rotation has has already moved on and I get to repeat the cycle.

Anything different in the Gateways server set-up that would cause this?

As always, thanks for the work on the server! gggs

Post subject: Re: Maps Download 2x - not double the pleasure
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:09 pm 
Admin Wizard

I know what causes that 2x download problem. That means I have a mismatched file on the redirect vs the file on the server. If you can tell me what it was you were downloading I could look it up and fix it. Thanks for reporting the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:49 am 
Sippy Cup

Thank you for the expeditious reply.

It appears to be any and all files; a sampling (may not be exact file names as I am a rubbish typist & transcribing off a high tech post it note):
CTF-BurgerWars-Fridaythe13Edition
CTF-BurgerWarsV
DreamReaver
EXUWeaponsLiteV4
MonsterMadnessFrontendV3_B41
AdminWeaponsV3
Wait til they span something (some 300k file)

Also, I just tried on a completely different computer, different install and same deal.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 am 
Admin Wizard

2.0 wrote:
Thank you for the expeditious reply.

It appears to be any and all files; a sampling (may not be exact file names as I am a rubbish typist & transcribing off a high tech post it note):
CTF-BurgerWars-Fridaythe13Edition
CTF-BurgerWarsV
DreamReaver
EXUWeaponsLiteV4
MonsterMadnessFrontendV3_B41
AdminWeaponsV3
Wait til they span something (some 300k file)

Also, I just tried on a completely different computer, different install and same deal.

That's HORRIBLE! Something REALLY WRONG has happens to the redirect for this to happen. Explains why their might have not been as many new players lately. This need to be investigated and fixed immediately thanks for reporting this

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:15 am 
Sippy Cup

I thought the same when I noticed the overall rank drop and fewer drive-by players cruising in. Glad to confirm it's fixed when you have a solution in place.

Otherwise, for me it's join the server, wander away for a half hour and hope that it downloads before the map changes. Poor ole Crane map must be lonely.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:25 pm 
Admin Wizard

Code:
=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=
=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*   Compressing Server Installation   =-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=
=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=-*-=

There are 947 new files to compress.

Think this is going to take a while? Hahahaha wait till I have to upload it through a 1 Mbps connection!
I better get comfortable! This is the only way I can real know for sure that the redirect is correct.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:51 am 
Creampuff

That's hilarious. I was going to post about the SAME re-download problem. It's been going on for awhile now. I used to be able to hit F10 to cancel, and reconnect, and it would skip that file. Now it forces me to download the file twice. I also was wondering if it had something to do with a mismatch in regards to the redirect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:00 am 
Admin Wizard

Something very wrong is going on. I have no idea why this is happening but I think it has to do with our web hosts for gauntletwarriors.com sending the file in a strange way, I might have to look into finding another redirect server if this keeps happening.

I been gone for a while I just recompressed the ENTIRE server installation and can try reuploading it to see if anything changes. I will update this thread once the files are uploaded to the redirect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:12 pm 
Admin Wizard

STILL uploading this is taking a lot longer than I anticipated or wanted. it will get done, eventually. 566 done 379 files left

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:39 pm 
Admin Wizard

something STUPID happened during the upload process so I restarted it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next