It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Gauntlet probs...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:37 am 
Booster Seat

Hi All,

I've been trying to setup a server to run Gauntlet on just for my own private use to practice on :)

I'm running the sever on Linux, and have installed the server, the bonus packs and a startup script.
I've checked that it worked as a vanilla UT server, all seemed fine.

I've installed Nexgen & Gauntlet Beta10V4 as per the readme. Also installed is MapvoteLA. I've installed the Nemesis wings mod, and modified the MapVoteLA.ini from the download dir on this server.

The server comes up and mostly works however I'm having a couple of problems.

1) On pressing next weapon from the pistol I get an invisible weapon that doesn't seem to fire :(
2) I still get the piston, how can I disable this ?
3) The game seems a little slow, I tried changing my GameSpeed to 1.3 in UntralTournament.ini but this seemed to have no effect.
-- Fixed needed to edit GauntletGame.ini
4) The Nemesis wings seems to work however I don't get the "Holy Shit" when I kill lots of things like I have seen on other servers, do I need to install something else too?
5) The Redeemer gets replaced by the Nemesis wings and not the LRPC.
-- Fixed I hadn't noticed that my MapVoteLA.ini hadn't got ExuWeaponsLiteV4.DeemerToLRPC listed in the mutators :)

Cheers for any help anyone can give with these, if you need me to post any other info logs / config files etc, feel free to ask.

Cheers.

Phill.

Last edited by prime on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Gauntlet probs...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:54 am 
Admin Wizard

Please give me your server startup command compete with mutator list and such. Also a copy of your mapvote .ini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:21 am 
Booster Seat

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
Please give me your server startup command compete with mutator list and such. Also a copy of your mapvote .ini

OK I'll attach the MapVoteLA.ini and my startup script here :

Attachment:
File comment: Config files
Config files.zip [4.67 KiB]
Downloaded 628 times

I've also included a log of the console output when the server is started as then you'll be able to see what the exact command line is.

6) I'd also like to have it do I don't have to click fire to start each level.

Cheers.

Phill.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:29 pm 
Booster Seat

OK,

I did a complete re-install of the server checking after each step and it *seems* to be working correctly now. Apart from having to press fire to start each level and still having the impact hammer available. I'd like to solve those but they are minor annoyances in the great scheme of things :)

Cheers.

Phill.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:45 pm 
Admin Wizard

MapVoteLA13 has to be in charge of running your servers mutators if you try to run other mutators using the start up command line then mapvote will startup doubles of the mutators if its also told to run those mutators (obne of the many reasons mapvote sucks) The boot map on the server has a very good chance like %80 of the time when the server boots mapvote will just decide not to load the mutators you told it too. voting for the next map fixes that. As far as the impact hammer is concerned, it would be easy for someone to make a mutator to replace it or remove it. Regarding the firing gun to tart the game, look in your GauntletGame.ini file and look for NetWait. NetWait by default should be et to 10 which NetWait is the amount of time the game waits for the players to join the game before the game can start. If you set it to zero the game starts immediately without waiting for players. You also want to make sure bTournament=False and what that does is make it so the player has to signal ready by pressing fire (when set to true) Good luck with the server and if you need anything feel free to post!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]