It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Evil Bedrooms Victory! SX3M Hypnotist 2.0!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 am 
Admin Wizard

We have won Evil Bedrooms on SX3M Mode with the new Hypnotist 2.0 mod! Minilords were fearsome and attacked everything we could throw at them! This is the first time I've heard this map being won since the Hypnotist 2.0 upgrade. We were able to fight off the lag which was barely present the whole game. We were able to fight off the lag by making our base extremely efficient.

It started like this...
This was originaly 6+ level 5 containers and we consolidated it down to 2 super containers. Applying this method to the whole base resulted in a much more enjoyable less lag game and a efficient yet strong base. Building strictly what was needed and nothing we didn't need we were able to keep the building count low which saved us from lag.

Another Example,
It only take 5 level 5 super containers to support the middle. The forcefields are to prevent minilords from blue and other monsters from attacking the mines in the center and busting out the red minilords. I also put super mines in between the super containers to prevent any monsters from running into the center of the containment structure.

Core Defense.
Preparing for the possibility of an invasion from blue I built forcefields AROUND the core as opposed to over it which is problamatic
I built a total of 5 forcefields on each side in front, behind, right, left and above with the aid of jumpboots! This created a cavity in the center where we could easily access the core for repairs this worked wonderfully.

Periodic Executions.
Another way we kept the game going smooth was to carry out periodic executions. I built this wall of super containers on both sides and a trail of poison guardians and level 5 super mines thruout the structure. This is where most of the buildings in the map were concentrated and it took a lot of time to build and upgrade all the stuff in there. That tunnel was one of the best minilord killing machines I have ever proudly witnessed! I would run in the blue base and anger the huge purple mass and run like hell into the tunnel and hear tons of explosions with lag if it was a huge amount of minilords and once all the green smoke clears the floor would be carpeted with minilord corpses it was AWESOME! I could clear the blue base with ease by getting them to follow me inside. With the Death Tunnel we could keep their numbers low and keeping the lag away.

Sneaking in.
After executing tons of them there would not be many minilords to watch the base so with some invisibility I could sneak in and do bad things.
I snuck in on the side by the bed and started with 2 super containers that they were polite enough to ignore execept for one which later chassed me into my super mined teleporter located in the death tunnel. This is where we started getting some super protectors to shoot them down to 10hp.

Our Control Grew,
Eventualy I was able to expand with some walls of super containers and super protectors behind it to increase the damage it worked pretty well and having multiple buildings spread out made it hard for the minilords to focus there efforts as a whole.

Finally, Containment.
After having many frustrating assaults that ended in complete failure I managed to get multiple super containers around there spawn point. Upgrading them was very difficult and silliconwaffer helped distract them however I was killed many times which was pressure because our core was getting lower and we cannot heal the core in overtime mode. Finally after man attemptes I was able to slide in a super mine and upgrade it barely enough to keep it to hold the others helped kill the remaining minilords while I kept stacking super mines for insurance. The blue base was contained and under our control!

Everything Else dies EVEN the Birds!
Surpriseinglyh there was hardly any minilords to be found elsewhere! there was one skaarj that was hiding on the side of the bed shooting at us forever we been ignoreing it so hard we never even knew it was there untill we looked for it. Then we killed the birds! because screw the birds there be no consequences now the map is fully under control!
All Of the birds! we kille them all and everything was dead and we won the end.

Well,
We won playing by all the guidelines set forth here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=66
However the problem is that we won with Overtime which never happens unless I enable it in mapvote temporarly and set the blue and red core to 100 when it counts down to force overtime. I had to use my admin to get us overtime so that sucks. In the other siege games the timelimits never really a problems but Evil Bedrooms always has big Epic games or short CRUSHING defeats. I guess the next goal is to win it in time before time runs out. Maby we should ammend the guidlines to victory in Evil Bedrooms to include this not sure,

Great Game Anyhow We Won!! The hardest flavor of Evil Bedrooms!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]