It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: OpenGL Driver
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:11 am 
Gauntlet Janitor

nOs*Grandpa wrote:
I nstalled the driver and it works but even at full brightness the graphics are dark, have any :idea:'s
Open console (~) -> Preferences -> Rendering -> OpenGL Support -> Gamma Offset and increase the value to a positive. (works with negative floats as well, positive brighter, negative darker)
As it is the default is probably 0.000000
1.000000 = Brightest
-1.000000 = Darkest
Anything outside that range and your setting will probably be ignored even though it will let you enter a setting outside that range.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:59 am 
Leopard

Target4U wrote:
nOs*Grandpa wrote:
I nstalled the driver and it works but even at full brightness the graphics are dark, have any :idea:'s
Open console (~) -> Preferences -> Rendering -> OpenGL Support -> Gamma Offset and increase the value to a positive. (works with negative floats as well, positive brighter, negative darker)
1.000000 = Brightest
-1.000000 = Darkest
Anything outside that range and your setting will probably be ignored even though it will let you enter a setting outside that range.

I get all the way to the OpenGL Support have some choices fot true or false, but there is no Gamma Offset

Attachments:
opengl.JPG
opengl.JPG [ 40.01 KiB | Viewed 8140 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:15 am 
Gauntlet Janitor

nOs*Grandpa wrote:
Target4U wrote:
nOs*Grandpa wrote:
1.000000 = Brightest
-1.000000 = Darkest

I get all the way to the OpenGL Support have some choices fot true or false, but there is no Gamma Offset

Did you add the ini entries for OGL render as described in the ReadMe.txt that came in Wildcards ogl download?
This is what I get for OGL Support options:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 pm 
Shoobie

Hello there, I thought I would help clear up some confusion with the renderers.

There seems to be a complaint about using DX10 renderer by Kentie.
The DX10 renderer uses cool new features, like easier bumpmapping and HDR lighting. Unless you add these to your maps, you will see little improvement.
They are worth using for making new projects, but if not you will still be using more RAM for the DX10 framework and functionality.

The old GL and DX9 renderers are to be replaced by the new builds from Oldunreal.
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1131878615
These add the same features and fixes that the Unreal 227 project got. This also includes new audio renderers with new functions for mappers.
I notice many people over-look the audio side of UT and still use the original compatibility settings for DX5 and Win95.
If you don't update to the renderers for modern hardware, at least get better use from your current setup.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/audio-tweaks

BTW. OpenGL has issues with intel and many ATI cards.
Intel disabled a bunch of hardware functions years ago and "forgot about it".
ATI cards often ignore your GFX RAM in GL mode, though if your MoBo RAM was faster you would see a speed boost.
Most peoples GFX RAM is faster than the Sys RAM, so many ATI users (including me) get a drop in performance with OpenGL, when using big textures etc. (I use the Hi-res texture replacements from UTTextures).
I use the new beta DX9 from Oldunreal and I'm very happy with it, as it fixes a few issues found in the Chris Dohnal versions.

If you really want to know how to setup these renderers properly, then there is only 1 guide worth reading;
Raynor's "TUTORIAL: Tweak Your UT Graphics & Audio To The Maximum"
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373

Can I recommend in future that, if you have not repackaged or changed something, then linking to the authors site, rather than your own upload is preferable.
This is why many people are out of date with many UT addons (Chaos, MonsterSpawn and Asgards monsters are notable), as they have no idea the author made fixes and updates.
There are many UT servers with monsters or Chaos I cannot/will-not use, as they are sooooo out of date.
The documentation is also available at the authors site, so there is no excuse for wondering what the settings mean.
Linking to Chris Dohnal's documentation would be useful.

http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/settings.html
http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php ... 3D8_/_D3D9

I have created a replacement set of config files to use with the new renderers, as you will still have the defaults from the original CD.
This includes new startup and defaults. I'll post them here if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 am 
Admin Wizard

Thanks! Yeah sounds good! Thanks for sharing much more info then I could offer on the details of such drivers. Yeah I read the guide it's great and does a good explanation of what the settings are for. Yeah, I fumbled with many versions of OpenGL and had problems with the most modern ones so I repackaged this version of one I had that worked not really sure what it is unfortunately I just knew it worked the best for me so I repackaged it in the spirit of: "well this works for me! Try it!" Could you do me a favor and please make a new thread like this one and offer some drivers and help? that would be much appreciated and go beyond helping as far as this thread has. BTW I might try the D3D IDK :S I don't have much of a machine just an Intel i3 core laptop with integrated graphics.

Thanks for stopping by Dr. Flay.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:59 am 
Shoobie

Yeah, OK. There are quite a few flavours spread around (this is why I asked for the new ones from Oldunreal to include embedded version info).
Ironic that UT99 now has better renderers than 2K4 :lol:

Once the Oldunreal versions are final, Shadow also intends to build his SDK versions from that source.
These betas would now be the preferred renderers to play with as they are still being supported/developed (unless you want the DX10 features).

I'll sort out a post after a coffee.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2