It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: NOS SOLO - Violates Game Rules / Abuses Server Privileges
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:31 am 
Banned

NOS SOLO - Violates Game Rules and Grossly Abuses Server Privileges

Hi Wild,

Apologies for bothering you. Things have been great on the server since your last changes. In fact it has been better than great, without a single significant conflict for any reason... until now. If possible please read game logs today for around 3:30pm PST, as they pertain to me IJump, and NOS SOLO, in a Siege game of Burger Wars.

In a nutshell, NOS-SOLO has been entering random games at various stages of completeness. He then uses his server account to modify the number and type of monsters halfway through the game, without asking any of the other players (who were in game long before he arrived) if they would be OK with that.

Sometimes such modifications can be fun... many times they are not. Not once have I been in a game where they were requested by any in game players. Rather the new monsters "just appear" on his whim while he hovers about in "god" mode.

He did it again today @~3:30pm PST by entering a game that was already about 1/2 finished. Without asking any of the players who actually started the game, new monsters en masse start appearing. When I asked SOLO why he did it... he brushed me off and delivered a patronizing /who cares type response.

Hmmm... OK. When I then asked him to please stop, as he is effectively breaking the rules... he told me to leave the game. Hmmm... I was there first... involved since the start of that particular game, and I had broken no rules. I told him that I broke no rules... he did, and that he should leave instead. He then used his server privileges to instantly boot me from my game and ban me from the server.

In a game that I started with others... who all played by the rules... I get booted for standing up for the rules, by a MODERATOR who is supposed to uphold the rules... but who in fact broke them instead.

So is it OK for a moderator to ban a player if the the player points out that the moderator has broken rules? Apparently in SOLO's world.... this is ok.

Shame on you SOLO... I strongly vote that your moderator powers are restricted, or removed, or passed on to a more mature person.

Unbelievably heavy handed behavior SOLO, and a total abuse of the trust that Wild (and other players) give you in being a moderator. What rule did I break SOLO? The rule about not calling you out when YOU violate rules and abuse your server permissions? Or was it an ego thing for you? In any case, I REALLY hope Wild checks this out.

If memory serves, SOLO was also one of the "Pro's" who insinuated/accused me of cheating. Ugh, and now this? Really SOLO? I have no interest in the chip that may be on your shoulder, but your abuse today steps well past the line. I've been playing this game on Wild's server mostly peacefully for years now. I am arguably one of the best players on here, and I continually help new players with tips on playing and strategy.

Your little power trip today needs to be exposed to everyone.

I welcome Wild, or any other player to check the records.

Please help Wild.

Thank you.

IJump / IJump2Live / Sw33tchuck

Post subject: Re: NOS SOLO - Violates Game Rules / Abuses Server Privilege
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 am 
Gauntlet Scout

You asked me stop and I did, you never said before that you don't like it until now. I asked you many times stop your PMS and let us play and you still talking and talking. Now I got it that you don't like it and look's like just you don't like it, as I can see. I tried to bring something new and make more fun to map we are playing everyday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:56 am 
Banned

Interestingly you do not address the main issues of my post... your arbitrary modification of games in progress, or your arbitrary BAN of me. You do not apologize, or offer an explanation for why you banned me. Instead, you attempt to euphemize what REALLY happened, likely as your response would not withstand inspection by any member who took the time to investigate.

People who are worthy of being server admins also have a responsibility to own their mistakes. Your inability to do so, and your seemingly more seedy attempt to make the situation other than something that it REALLY was (your ego) speaks to your immaturity.

As such... I would revise my last message. You DO NOT deserve server privileges in any way. They should be removed and given to someone more responsible, or who can at least admit when they have crossed the line.

If I were server admin you would be already gone. Any person in a position of power who abuses that power, and then has the audacity to lie or mislead about what they REALLY do deserves the boot. You also did not address your past arbitrary "booting" of me, or accusations of cheating.

Again, you should be ashamed. Why don't we get an exact copy of everything that happened during that game when you arbitrarily BANNED me? Why not let all players see what you did?

Furthermore... Let's see a list over time of your use of moderator status and use of special commands in other people's games? It might be an interesting exercise to see how often you get bored and then ruin other people's games.

While we are at it, pull up a list of everything I have ever said and done for comparison?

Wild? What is the story here? Why does this moderator seemingly have have arbitrary ability to ruin games, boot people, and lie without consequence?

Ijump / IJump2Live / Sw33tchuck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:12 pm 
Admin Wizard

Normally I would not bring the logs out for everyone to see but we need to review this together.

Face: tele on
    xYrX: ok
    xYrX: Uh... jump.... why?
    Face: i dnk
    IJump: why what?
    xYrX: platforms
    IJump: where else to build with all the useless cont inside
    IJump: ?
    xYrX: thanks solo
    IJump: where al these monsters come from? they are not part of regular game
    Face: wtf!
    Face: damn!
    IJump: oh i see solo is here... meaning abuse of SP i suppose
    IJump: really solo? rally??
    IJump: any reasonable would consider it an abuse of srver permissions :/
    IJump: so why u do Solo?
    IJump: u have done this in other games too... why?
    Face: its a game fellas
    Face: fun
    Face: no fights
    IJump: hmmm... give me some abusive server privilages and see how "fun" it is then :/
    Face: lets fight monsters
    IJump: people are the biggest monsters u will ever encounter lol
    Face: u guys are great dudes
    Face: team
    nOs*SOLO: what are you talking about?
    Face: ntng man
    nOs*SOLO: what you don't like
    IJump: where they come from?
    Face: im cool
    IJump: he does this thing in other maps without asking other players.... u think that is cool?
    Face: i do alotta dumd sht too
    nOs*SOLO: you play or go
    Face: my bad
    IJump: u should be banned 4 altering without permission solo
    nOs*SOLO: not you Jump
    CadaverJuice: hi solo
    IJump: i was playing.... like others... a normal game... then strange things happen with new monsters added to map
    nOs*SOLO: hi
    IJump: just looking for clear explanation to give Wild
    Face: i thougt
    Face: we were friends
    nOs*SOLO: do it, go
    IJump: i don't people with server permissions are allowed to alter game dynamics on other players at will
    IJump: so why u do it?
    nOs*SOLO: if I added few more monsters just for fun
    nOs*SOLO: and more ru for you
    IJump: your fun and without asking any1... in a map you came to halfway through?
    IJump: really?
    IJump: if u don't see a prob with that kind of abuse of server privilages then pls forget I said anything
    Face: lets keep the game alive
    Face: was fine b$
    nOs*SOLO: we came heere to play, not getting your PMS
    Face: b4
    CadaverJuice: lol
    IJump: solo there will be a record so w/e yer wrong and presumptuous... records will show it so nothin more to say to your azz
    Face: i just hate too lose a good game
    IJump: it was a gg
    nOs*SOLO: i'm tired
    nOs*SOLO: please just go
    IJump: before moderator decided to play usuall stupid games with monster set
    nOs*SOLO: or play and stop it
    IJump: solo u go
    IJump: u broke the rules
    IJump: not me
    CadaverJuice: lol telling solo to go lol
    nOs*SOLO has kicked IJump from the server.
    Face: this is crazy
    CadaverJuice: gonna make wildcard go too?
    nOs*SOLO: no
    Face: life is too short fellas
    Face: this is not cool
    Face: and im a grown ass man
    nOs*SOLO: me too
    Face: trying to have fun
    Face: not act like kids
    Face: have fun guys ill b back soon
    CadaverJuice: damn boogers
    Miz(77rus): hi guyz ))
    nOs*SOLO: hi

nOs*SOLO
I'm going to start off and say that, Please remember to use your admin privileges as they were originally intended for this includes your mapping powers which includes the fabricator. I hate to come down on someone who has given our server so much support and did your part to keep the community clean but I do have to lay a few ground rules. I know something as powerful as the fabricator is so tempting to abuse (because I have too) but unless you hear a resounding YES!!! from a majority of the players and no severe objections and no Sw33tchucks are present then please do not 'spice' up the games. I am very reserved most of the time when it comes to using my powers to enhance the game but when I do I USUALLY make sure everyone is cool with it and while ALMOST everyone was cool with it in this incident PLEASE exercise courtesy and ensure that a majority of the players are on board with said enhancements. Also about your choice of words, telling someone something along the lines of "we don't want to deal with your PMS" is provocative and instigates a reaction and is somewhere along the lines of insulting and is not acceptable. Some might have found it funny but it is not acceptable I reiterate. Also this does infringe Rule #3. Regarding IJump being kicked, I can kind of understand your kick could have been kind of warranted concerning the barrage of verbal protest over and over against you and seeing just how aggressive IJump retaliated against you which does infringe on the lines of Rule #3 I would have rather seen a kick vote in map vote take place and have the kick take place that way because it would look better for you in kind of a grayish area here.

IJump
I must say you handled this incident A LOT BETTER than you have handled past incidents and I appreciate that. One thing I do want to say to you is if nOs*SOLO did quit abusing his powers when he said he did I wish it could have ended there and that you didn't have to keep coming at him over and over. You made your point and nOs*SOLO said he was tired that was your sign that he just wanted to be left alone from then on and YOU of all players should understand wanting to be left alone and not deal with harassment. nOs*SOLO's intentions were not malicious. Sw33tchuck, Other than what I've mentioned you've done nothing wrong but WHY must you be so hard and serious about everything? I know this is getting dangerously personal but I want to understand. You were the only one who was upset by nOs*SOLO's shenanigans. That doesn't make what nOs*SOLO did okay I'm just wondering why you're so hard and easily offended. I just wish sometimes you'd loosen up and realize that here at (((GateWays))) we're not one of those super serious "PRO" Tournament super competitive servers or anything and that were here to have fun more than anything else. I do understand about having some serious challenging games though. It's just would it kill you to let loose once in a while and change things a bit break the mold and have some wacky fun once in a while? If everyone else but you want to try some wacky fun once in a while (which requires admin abuse) please remember you have been bestowed with access to the VIP Private server. Please don't expect me to never let loose when everyone says YES!!! and you say No that I should not allow the others a rare chance at some crazy games because that is what we call a party pooper. Furthermore you might really not like me sometimes on the server because when it comes to Admin Abuse I'M THE WORST ONE OF THEM ALL!!!!!!!! They don't call me the admin wizard for nothing among other things such as The Sky Wizard So some time in the distant future when I'm tearing your world apart and unearthing a chaos you never could imagine please understand, It's not personal. :)

Face
Your attitude is awesome and so are you! Thanks for being positive!

Miz(77rus)
You will NEVER have the last post and the only way you can achieve the glory that is 2nd place is to pry it from Necrosis MHS's cold hard dead hands.

Epilogue
For all those reading waiting for me bring down my gavel call someone guilty and dust off my Ban Hammer and do some serious administrating sorry, that's not going to happen.
I don't want you two holding bitterness against each other. I want you both to take the words I had to say to each of you and take it to heart. I want to put this incident behind us. There is no purpose for any further conflict and I want this to be done. I understand things might have gone stale on the server a bit since I have been very slow to release new mods and new content on the server but rest assured I do have something big in the makes that'll change the way we all play Monster Siege forever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:51 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
You will NEVER have the last post and the only way you can achieve the glory that is 2nd place is to pry it from Necrosis MHS's cold hard dead hands.
I've answered on this phrase before. So there is no reason to repeat. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:44 am 
Leopard

usually an admin would ask, do you want redeemers, monsters, super leech, just to pop in and alter game play shouldn't be done. asking a player to leave because he didn't want alterations should not be. just because we have privileges doesn't make us perfect, I believe nOs*Solo is a good admin, looking to make the game as fun as he can for his fellow players, lets learn and move on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:43 pm 
Shoobie

Solo did this to me and a couple other people the other day. I forget when exactly, just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd let you know this kind of stuff is still going on.

Was playing hillforts with 2 others for a while and from the beginning, almost had our side cleared and was using jetpak to build a high sp when solo shows up and immediately goes admin...

First added fireworks launcher for only himself and changed alt fire to fire one massive(100x normal) shell. funny and novel and all, watched for a bit then went back about my builds and game.

Solo then went and gave all monsters fireworks flaks. insta killed lost 1500ru jetpack and shieldbelt. 2 sp get killed. tried getting my own cannot find sup won't supply it. solo doesn't reply when someone asked for one. die several more times. one person left, the other just waited. meanwhile monsters advance and attack our builds at big door, die several more times defending. solo hasn't killed a single monster in this time, still 0 score. just playing with his giant firework flak and watching us die?

Again ignores it when someone asked or said something. the other person then leaves and after losing the builds at the back/big door I left too.

All without saying a word. Solo showed up and destroyed our game....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:09 am 
Admin Wizard

ZonkeyKnuckles wrote:
Solo did this to me and a couple other people the other day. I forget when exactly, just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd let you know this kind of stuff is still going on.

Was playing hillforts with 2 others for a while and from the beginning, almost had our side cleared and was using jetpak to build a high sp when solo shows up and immediately goes admin...

First added fireworks launcher for only himself and changed alt fire to fire one massive(100x normal) shell. funny and novel and all, watched for a bit then went back about my builds and game.

Solo then went and gave all monsters fireworks flaks. insta killed lost 1500ru jetpack and shieldbelt. 2 sp get killed. tried getting my own cannot find sup won't supply it. solo doesn't reply when someone asked for one. die several more times. one person left, the other just waited. meanwhile monsters advance and attack our builds at big door, die several more times defending. solo hasn't killed a single monster in this time, still 0 score. just playing with his giant firework flak and watching us die?

Again ignores it when someone asked or said something. the other person then leaves and after losing the builds at the back/big door I left too.

When did this happen? Yes in the past SOLO has done stuff like that but he's not very active anymore. That may have been me who did that awesome uhhh I mean tragic change. Sorry I think I.would.be the only.one who would know how to do something like that. I remember trying to spice up a game of hillforts last Friday. However if it's recent like today then it wasn't me. I talked to SOLO last time about it and he felt so bad he banned himself with his own admin! I really doubt it was SOLO I think it was me and I wanted to spice up a game but didn't do it right and messed up making them hurt the core too much. I'm sorry I must have not really been paying attention to the status of the game again I'm Sorry. It was inconsiderate, I just wanted to spice up the game with something fun for us all. I don't remember 100% but maybe I was too busy trying to fix it rather than playing.... I broke it sorry :P

Lemme make it up to ya next time I see you on the server Ill enable nukes for ya or something fun idk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:25 pm 
Shoobie

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
ZonkeyKnuckles wrote:

When did this happen? Yes in the past SOLO has done stuff like that but he's not very active anymore. That may have been me who did that awesome uhhh I mean tragic change. Sorry I think I.would.be the only.one who would know how to do something like that. I remember trying to spice up a game of hillforts last Friday. However if it's recent like today then it wasn't me. I talked to SOLO last time about it and he felt so bad he banned himself with his own admin! I really doubt it was SOLO I think it was me and I wanted to spice up a game but didn't do it right and messed up making them hurt the core too much. I'm sorry I must have not really been paying attention to the status of the game again I'm Sorry. It was inconsiderate, I just wanted to spice up the game with something fun for us all. I don't remember 100% but maybe I was too busy trying to fix it rather than playing.... I broke it sorry :P

Lemme make it up to ya next time I see you on the server Ill enable nukes for ya or something fun idk

Last Friday sounds about right... Very well may have been you. I don't pay much attention to tagged names.

Did I miss something? Did you ask or offer to change the game on us?

You laid this out as a groundrule earlier to solo : unless you hear a resounding YES!!! from a majority of the players and no severe objections and no Sw33tchucks are present then please do not 'spice' up the games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:26 pm 
Admin Wizard

ZonkeyKnuckles wrote:
nOs*Wildcard wrote:
ZonkeyKnuckles wrote:

Last Friday sounds about right... Very well may have been you. I don't pay much attention to tagged names.

Did I miss something? Did you ask or offer to change the game on us?

You laid this out as a groundrule earlier to solo : unless you hear a resounding YES!!! from a majority of the players and no severe objections and no Sw33tchucks are present then please do not 'spice' up the games.

Yes I did say that I reread the whole threat I know what I did. No I did not ask and wait fir a resounding YES!!! I wasn't paying attention to the status of the game didn't realize how far it was until I messed up my commands and it was too late. I felt bad about what I did once I messed up the game it did not work like it was suppose to but yes the point is I violated my own words. I give you my apologies for it was never my intention to ruin the game. As nOs*Grandpa said us admins are not perfect. I will try to learn from this and remember.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]