It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which is better?
Come home with 300/300 RU three times? (covering the same ground multiple times) 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Come home with 1000/1000 RU one time? (never covering the same ground twice) 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Your_Mother removing my containers.
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:49 pm 
Catfish

We had just started a game on one of the Burger Wars maps. As we all know, there are plenty of RU gems on that map.

The game started. I was grabbing RU.

When I'd get to 300/300 RU I'd build 2 'temporary storage' containers (on the move) at a random location. (I have full intention of coming back for them)

Rinse repeat, 300/300 RU again and 2 more 'temporary storage' containers. (AND spent zero time spent hoofing back to base)

Soon enough, thanks to the 4 containers I just built, the whole team can carry 500/500 RU each, not just 300.

If two players built 4 'temporary storage' conts in the first few minutes, and a few permanent conts at home to upgrade, RU capacity would be near 1000/1000 very quickly.

Employing this strategy, i have eliminated the need for my team to run to base multiple times. PLUS, I've made it possible for everyone to come back with more RU. :mrgreen:

Back to the incident with Your_Mother...

I had built 4-5 conts on-the-fly. (Someone else had built a few too.)

Our RU capacity was 1300 very early. :)

Then here comes Mother. "Why are you building conts randomly? You're an idiot, blah blah blah...". :x

At the time of her saying this, I was carrying 1050/1300 RU and seeing plenty more around.

No sooner did she bitch about it, then she starts removing my containers. In a fit of destroying what she didn't understand, she cluelessly knocked me and the whole team down from 1300 capacity to 850 capacity...

She was saying that the monsters will destroy them. I was going to retrieve them before the monsters arrived. Duh. :roll:

I've been doing this for months and it works beautifully.

So Staff....

Just because she doesn't understand the concept... Does that give her the right to remove my stuff? What is the official position on this?

Post subject: Re: Your_Mother removing my containers.
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:13 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

For the longest time I thought that was stupid too, until it was clarified as a strategy. I'd explain it during a calmer part of the game and see if that's enough to change their tune. Otherwise it may become a problem that will require AI. (Administrative Interference)

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:23 pm 
Admin Wizard

I will have to warn you that you are not to force your technique upon others even if it is a good technique. Be polite to others on the server and don't insult anyone because they do not agree with you on technique everyone is entitled to there own opinoun and nobody has the right to force theirs upon another, Further more I know you take this game seriously but the players are not too happy with how you act on the server. I'm not accusing you directly of breaking any rules I will just sum this up in one sentence.

Have Fun, Do your thing, Play Nice. :)

However, I'm getting sick of other players removing other players buildings. your_mother did not build your containers so that person does not have any right to touch your or anyone elses. I've had issues with your_mother before this incident. I'm sure they might do something stupid mouth off and get perma banned but my point being is I'm going to start enforcing some new policies here. A simple "if you didn't build it don't touch it" I will be having a talk about your_mother

In the meantime please try to get along with others don't make a fuss on the server come here and report it and let me do my work from there

Thanks
- nOs*Wildcard

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 am 
Catfish

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
I will have to warn you that you are not to force your technique upon others even if it is a good technique.
Thanks
- nOs*Wildcard

I'm not forcing anything on anybody. I didnt tell her to build conts. She simply failed to understand why I was building them. If anything, she's trying to force her inefficient technique on me.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:54 am 
Gauntlet Captain

nOs*Wildcard wrote:
...I will be having a talk about your_mother

That almost sounded weird lol

Jeg har ingenting, men jeg har alt når jeg har deg.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 am 
Gauntlet Scout

nOs*Rurik wrote:
nOs*Wildcard wrote:
...I will be having a talk about your_mother

That almost sounded weird lol

What ever do you mean?

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:13 pm 
Admin Wizard

BEEF_JERKY wrote:
nOs*Wildcard wrote:
I will have to warn you that you are not to force your technique upon others even if it is a good technique.
Thanks
- nOs*Wildcard

I'm not forcing anything on anybody. I didnt tell her to build conts. She simply failed to understand why I was building them. If anything, she's trying to force her inefficient technique on me.

Your not on trial here that's why I said it was to be taken as a warning simply meaning don't do that. Yes, when she removes your containers I agree "she's trying to force her inefficient technique on me" The point I'm making is take it easy on the server don't get so serious and don't lose your cool when somone does not do things the way you would have. Have your fun on the server and when you come across a trouble maker that removes container let the administration dispose of such people so you can enjoy the server more without such people. Also do beware how much we displease the 'Team Commander' attitude on the server don't let yourself take that attitude on it's one of the many reasons Pipsika was disposed of.

Okay let me put another one sentencer out there

Keep It Friendly Damnit!

LOL!

Also why don't you start a new poll with the same poll you got here in another thread it sounds interesting and it's just awkard to have it in a complaint topic. I would like to participate and suggest some techniques too.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:22 pm 
Catfish

Necrosis MHS wrote:
For the longest time I thought that was stupid too, until it was clarified as a strategy. I'd explain it during a calmer part of the game and see if that's enough to change their tune.

I did explain the concept. I explained it multiple times. She kept ranting about me being an idiot and wasting RU.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:39 pm 
Admin Wizard

BEEF_JERKY wrote:
Necrosis MHS wrote:
For the longest time I thought that was stupid too, until it was clarified as a strategy. I'd explain it during a calmer part of the game and see if that's enough to change their tune.

I did explain the concept. I explained it multiple times. She kept ranting about me being an idiot and wasting RU.

That's just the way your_mother is and I'm going to bait her into pulling that crap again THEN IM GOING TO BRING THE PAIN!!! BRINGING THE PAIN!!! :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm going to unleash some administrative invervention like you would not belive! It's been a while since the last ban of the week and somone to punish.

Yes, I am kind of cynical but it enforces the rules. And it will get my point heard!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:16 pm 
Gauntlet Captain

Jeg har ingenting, men jeg har alt når jeg har deg.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next