It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Necrosis MHS
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:10 am 
Gauntlet Captain

I can't say my origin is nearly as epic or exciting as Grandpa's, but I'll give it a shot. I've played a lot of UT over the years, fairly early on, back when my father and I played the demo version. We'd stumbled through a few interesting servers, with custom skins and voice packs, even some unique weapons, but those servers were lost to the times and only remained in memory. My father was part of a sniping server for a little while, while I generally frequented Monster Hunt maps and played through Tournament Mode on higher difficulties and different aliases. We both took a bit of a hiatus from gaming, having lost interest, save for some private games he had against a friend. Somehow, I ended up running into Siege. Which may have been WC's doing, my memory is kind of fuzzy. Growing weary of Clarion, Bathrooms, and Face, WC and I looked into some of those forgotten mods I mentioned earlier. By a stroke of luck, we rediscovered the years dormant U4e Mod, filled with skins, game types, weapons, and countless errors. It was there that we found Gauntlet. It was a unique mod, although a bit more broken and less exciting version than we know of today. Before it went live, WC and myself played several 2 player games, juggling weapons mods we'd run into, like PSI, Apocalypse, Nali Weapons, GOTY, and of course, the dozens of oddball weapons that U4e provided. But Gauntlet was still missing something, and WC set out to get it. It was missing decent scoring, new maps, and most of all, competition. Long story short, he did a FuckTon of editing, changing gate appearance, adding new threatening monsters while reviving some that were thrown away from the old version, and adding the scoring system. But the biggest thing was making it all public. Finally, people could play with us, and be dominated by our superior and veteran might! We'd had other Gauntlet servers, but all of them would change IPs for no reason, effectively stranding our users and robbing us of our Game Tracker ranking. With the help of nOs*Grandpa, the server finally found a stable home, and with that, Gauntlet's popularity has gone from it's meager 300 rank, in to the top 100! But with this popularity, comes many new headaches. The struggle to maintain our standing means new material, and considerably more supervision for the unsavory characters who will come our way. WAIT. Hold the phone! This is a Gauntlet Intro you say? And the title is about Me? Oh. Well I'm the Green Guy.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

"You Don't Want To Do That."
"Do You Want Shit To Get Real?"
"These Errors, They Don't Make Any Sense!" "Your Face Doesn't Make Any Sense!"

Post subject: Re: Necrosis MHS
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:48 am 
Gauntlet Captain

Ha ha ha! You guys missed out! There WAS a thread suggesting that I cheat that called for members to comment and brainstorm on how I do it. Unfortunately, WC obligated himself to remove it the moment I invaded the forums. A great chance to talk bad about me behind my back just went up in smoke! I suppose you could always say it to my face mid-game, though I personally wouldn't recommend it. ... Everyone knows that chatting during a game wastes time and potential frags, and that only makes it easier for me to steal all your kills. You know you THINK I cheat! Bring on some theories! I could use a good laugh.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm 
Leopard

Capt. Crunch Drunk, nice :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 am 
Gauntlet Captain

Behold! As I claim the 100th post in my name! GLORIOUS.

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:29 pm 
Admin Wizard

You green bastard! oh well, let's see who gets the 1337 post :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:35 am 
Gauntlet Captain

That would be ME. I got the 1337th post. BOOYAH!

Lord Of The Lols +
The Green Guy =
Necrosis MHS

Necrosis' Greatest Hits!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]